Top 10 Margarita Recipes
It’s National Margarita Day! In a hurry? Skip to all our Margarita Recipes!
According to wikipedia, there is no solid proof who “invented” the Margarita, but some think the Margarita was invented in 1941 at Hussong’s Cantina in Ensenada, Mexico, by bartender Don Carlos Orozco. Legend has it that one slow afternoon in the bar, Don Carlos was experimenting with mixing drinks when Margarita Henkel, the daughter of a German ambassador ordered a drink. Don Carlos offered Margarita a taste of his new recipe and then named it after her for being the first person to taste it. Cute story.. maybe one day someone will name a drink after me and call it “The Babette.”
Thankfully we don’t have to go all the way to Mexico for a margarita. You can even whip up a pitcher this weekend!
Here are the top 10 margarita recipes on BakeSpace.com posted by our members:
- Italian Margarita by imstuffed
- Prickly Pear Margarita by imstuffed
- Strawberry Pink Lemonade Margarita by imstuffed
- Lime-Blueberry Margarita by stoogelady
- Spa Cucumber Margarita by singleserving
- Pineapple Basil Margarita by seafoodlover
- Peach Margarita by kcqueenm
- Perfect Margarita by mshock
- Sugar-Free Margaritas by kcqueenm
- Knock-You-Naked Margaritas (see below) by lissah
If you’re making a large batch of margaritas, try this “How to make a big batch of margaritas” recipe from kc10:
When I was younger, I used to tend bar!! We were known for our Margaritas!! We’d mix this stuff, literally, by the gallon! Thursday night was Margarita night and we went through many, many gallons of this!! We’d actually start mixing it up earlier in the day and kept about a 1/4 of the big cooler in the kitchen well stocked with the gallon jugs! We had these big glasses we called fish bowls, because that’s about what they looked like, and when we got an order for a Margarita, all we had to do was add the ice and the pour it into the ‘fish bowls’!! Saved ourselves a LOT of time by having it ready ahead of time. It’s still my favorite Margarita!! Enjoy! But also drink responsibly, please!!
- 1/2 bottle tequila
- 1/2 bottle Triple Sec
- 3 bottles Mr. & Mrs. T Sweet/Sour mix
Mix all together. To make, blend with crushed ice and pour into salt rimmed glass. (Use coarse salt, not so much sodium, and lime)
Here’s another favorite…
- 1 bottle of your favorite beer
- 1 12 oz can frozen limeade
- 1 12 oz can sprite (or diet)
- 1 12 oz can tequila
Mix all ingredients until well-blended. Serve over ice with a twist of lime.