Vegan Baking and Recipe Chat #Getbaked Live
Join us live Sunday June 7th as we chat with some of our favorite vegan bakers on GetBaked (a weekly interactive and live-streaming web series on Google+) brought to you by the founders of BakeSpace.com and Cupcakes Take the Cake.
Each week we sit down with our favorite bakers to chat about a new baking topic. The format of our show allows you to ask questions, share recipes and upload photos of your favorite baking creations. This week we’re chatting about vegan baking! If you have questions about transforming your baking so it’s vegan-friendly or you are looking for kitchen inspiration, join our live chat!
Episode 012: VEGAN BAKERS CHAT
Looking for Vegan Recipes?
OUR SPECIAL GUESTS:
Isa Chandra Moskowitz is the bestselling author and coauthor of many books, including Isa Does It, Veganomicon, Appetite for Reduction, and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Her website, Post Punk Kitchen, is beloved by millions. Isa has been cooking up a vegan storm for over two decades and has been named favorite cookbook author in VegNews for seven years running. Raised in Brooklyn, New York, she now lives in Nebraska, where she brings swanky vegan comfort food to the great people of Omaha at her new restaurant, Modern Love.”
Natalie Slater – Creator of popular vegan food blog Bake and Destroy, Natalie Slater has been described as “Martha Stewart meets Motorhead,” taking vegan cooking to places it has never been before. Influenced by slasher films, pro-wrestling, punk rock and heavy metal, her quirky-yet-delicious comfort foods are a refreshing take on vegan eating with award-winning flavors. Along the way, her off-color humor, irreverent rants and density of pop-culture references will make you laugh out loud. Natalie has appeared on Food Network, The Cooking Channel, and WTTW Chicago Tonight as well as on the pages of Time Out Chicago and Bust Magazine.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR LIVE CHAT:
Before the event:
- Leave a comment or question for our guests on this event page. Feel free to share a link to your cupcake recipe, website or upload a photo of your recipe.
- RSVP on our Google Hangout Event Page. You’ll get a reminder when the show goes live to tune in!
- Join our new Get Baked Facebook Group
Day of chat (6/7): Tune in live here, our facebook group or Tweet using#getbaked
Can’t make the live show? Watch later at:http://youtube.com/bakespacetv
Cookbook Cafe (where anyone can publish a cookbook as both a web-based ebook and iPad app for free!)
OUR FULL SHOW SCHEDULE:
- Episode 001: Red Velvet Debate
- Episode 002: Baking with Booze
- Episode 003: Pies
- Episode 004: Gluten-Free Baking (Mar 22)
- Episode 005: Chocolate (Mar 29)
- Episode 006: Cookies Recipes Chat (April 12)
- Episode 007: Creative Baking Chat (April 19)
- Episode 008: Bread & Pizza Dough (April 26)
- Episode 010: Paleo Baking (May 17)
- Episode 011: Cupcake Recipes (May 31)
- Episode 012: Vegan Recipes (June 7) – RSVP on Google+
- Episode 013: Cake Decorating (June 14) – RSVP on Google+
- Episode 014: Summer Pies (June 28)
- Episode 015: Brownies (July 12)
- Episode 016: Baking Substitutions (July 19)
- Episode 017: Baking Fails (July 26)
- Episode 018: Muffins & Scones (August 2)
- Episode 019: Tarts (August 9)
- Episode 020: Baking with Cannabis (August 16)
- Episode 021: Frostings (August 23)
- Episode 022: Savory Pies (August 30)
- Episode 023: Baking for a Crowd (Potlucks & Parties) (September 13)
- Episode 024: Sugar-Free Baking (September 20)
- Episode 025: Halloween Baking Ideas (September 27)