- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Grill or frying pan grill
- Hamburger Ingredients:
- 1 lb. lean hamburgers
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbl water
- 2 tbl chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- dash of pepper
- Extra Ingredients:
- Bulkie Roll - (a.k.a. Kaiser Roll)
- Baked Beans
- Kosher Pickle
- Mix all hamburger ingredients together.
- Form hamburg patties.
- About 5 to 6 patties can be grilled or placed on a frying pan grill.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes on each side on medium high heat.
- Serve on a Bulkie Roll.
- Add ketchup and mustard.
- Serve with a side of a kosher pickle and/or baked beans
- Meal can easily be taken on a picnic to enjoy later.
- THE STORY
- Episode Summary :
- You have not had a kosher hamburger until you have had a Bubbe Burger.
- Show Notes:
- Today we are going to go on a picnic. It's so hot this week that it's time to get your gear together and perhaps go to the nearest lake. So... let's get ready to make some hamburgers and if you want to make the recipe check it out here.
- Bring on the meat! Yes it is raw now but after Bubbe uses her gear it all becomes a great burger. Just remember to make sure to wash your hands before getting your hands dirty in the meat mixture.
- Make sure to squish them into good size patties. Carefully put them into the griddle and smell the wonderful aroma as everything sizzles.
- Of course now it's time for the Yiddish Word of the Day. Kotletan which caused Avrom a good amount of time to pronounce it. Bubbe helped sound it out for him but what does it mean? Hamburgers of course!
- Now as we get back Bubbe takes out the hamburgers and puts them on bulky rolls with a side of baked beans and a sour pickle.
- With that Bubbe goes outside and packs the food in her trunk ready to enjoy her day out of the house.
- We are still looking for your comments and requests firstname.lastname@example.org
- Featured Music:
NotesThis dish is rated Fleshig and can be eaten with meat meals only. Meal can easily be taken on a picnic to enjoy later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More