- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 10-20 macarons
- Preparation Time: 40 ninutes
- 1 cup Tropical Food’s Diet Delight® Snack Mix, separated
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- ½ tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- PUMPKIN RAISIN FILLING
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate nuts from raisins in Tropical Food’s Diet Delight®. Use a food processor to grind nuts to a powder, but do not let it grind to a butter. Sift the nut flour with confectioners’ sugar and pumpkin pie spice into a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar and superfine sugar. Whip to a stiff peak.
- Sift nut flour over egg mixture and fold together. Scrape batter into a piping bag with round tip sized for desired macaron size. Pipe out identical rounds of batter and let sit until a light skin is formed.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees and bake macarons for 10 minutes, rotating halfway between.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and then fill. To make filling, place raisins from Diet Delight® into a food processor and process until chopped.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients and process until well blended.
- Scrape into a bag and pipe a small amount sandwiched between two macarons.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, “Oh My! Pumpkin Pie!” Macarons, was created by Kelcey Fleagle