- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium or 18 small), scrubbed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (recipe follows), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium stalk celery, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles, minced (Use sweet pickles, not relish, for the best results)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- Cover potatoes with 1 inch of water in stockpot or Dutch oven.
- Bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring once or twice to ensure even cooking, until potatoes are tender (a thin-bladed paring knife or metal cake tester can be slipped into and out of center of potatoes with no resistance), 25 to 30 minutes for medium potatoes or 15 to 20 minutes for new potatoes.
- Drain; cool potatoes slightly and peel if you like.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes (use serrated knife if they have skins) while still warm, rinsing knife occasionally in warm water to remove starch.
- Place warm potato cubes in large bowl.
- Add vinegar, 1 /2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss gently.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes.
- When potatoes are cool, toss with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
NotesTested on many of my friends, they all agree.The secret is to put the vinegar on the warm potatoes.
American Potato Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs and Sweet Pickles
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More