- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: about 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. and 1 1/2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over medium heat; stir in enough flour to make a roux.
- Add milk to the roux slowly, stirring constantly; stir in the cheeses, and cook over low heat until the cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Put the macaroni in a large casserole dish, and pour the sauce over the macaroni; stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat; add the breadcrumbs and brown; spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover.
- Sprinkle with paprika; bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
NotesI got this Mac & Cheese recipe from the book 'Kitchen Komforts: Fabulous Comfort Food Recipes and Inspiring Short Stories to Nourish the Body and Soul', by LuLu Roman. It's very rich and creamy! I doubled the recipe; but I'm transcribing it as it appears in the cookbook.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More