- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 20+
- Preparation Time: 15-20
BackstoryOne of favourite desserts in Balkans
- 4 egg whites
- 220 g icing sugar
- 200 g ground walnuts
- 2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tbs corn flour (or fine biscuit crumbs)
- 100 g butter, soft
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 yolks
- 50 g chocolate, melted
- Beat egg whites until soft peak forms; add sugar, spoon by spoon. Beat until sugar dissolved and egg whites thick. Fold in lemon juice, corn flour, walnuts and corn flour.
- Preheat oven to 150*C; line biscuit tins with baking paper (or al - foil).
- Pipe or spoon meringue into little circles, with some space between them. Bake / dry for 1 hour; switch oven off and let macaroons cool inside ajared oven.
- For cream; beat butter, sugar and yolks until thick and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, mix well.
- When macaroons are cooled, place some of cream on one and top with another-one.
- Keep in a cool, dry spot.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Squash Recipes: Cookbook ClubSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More