- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups roasted skinless chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 cup canned water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chili oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Blanch snow peas in a large pot of boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and cool them in ice water. Drain again and set aside. Use paper towels to sop up remaining moisture before using.
- Place the chicken, snow peas and water chestnuts in a bowl and toss with the zest of orange and lime. Reserve a little zest for garnish.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing and pour it over the salad. Toss well, taste for seasoning. Garnish with zest and serve. Refrigerate, covered, if not serving immediately. Can be made the night before, but do not mix with the dressing until ready to serve.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by a co-worker many years ago. Her recipe had directions for poaching chicken breasts but I prefer to use a purchased rotisserie chicken.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More