- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tsps. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 jars (apx. 25 oz. each) pasta sauce
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 box (10 oz.) ziti noodles
- Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in seasonings to evenly coat meat; stir in pasta sauce.
- Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup mozzarella, the ricotta and Parmesan in a medium bowl.
- Spoon 2 cups of meat sauce into 5 - 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Top with 2 cups ziti.
- Drop half of the cheese mixture, by rounded tablespoons, over ziti; carefully spread over ziti using back of spoon.
- Layer with 2 cups meat sauce, the remaining ziti and remaining cheese.
- Add remaining meat sauce, completely covering all the ziti and cheese.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella; let stand 10 minutes until melted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More