- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) egg whites
- 8 oz ( 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 12 oz (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Combine the egg whites, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl and place over simmering water.
- 2. Continuously beating with a whisk, heat until egg whites are hot and all the sugar is dissolved (~140 degrees). If the sugar is not completely melted, your final product will be grainy, so make sure!
- 3. Remove from the heat and place on the mixer. Whisk on medium speed until meringue is stiff, and the mixing bowl is cool to the touch. The meringue will be white with a bright sheen, and very sticky!
- 4. Switch to the paddle attachment, and on medium speed add the butter a few cubes at a time. Please note, if the meringue is not completely cool, the butter will melt instead of combining evenly.
- 5. Continue beating until all the butter is incorporated. At one point it may appear as if the mixture has “broken”, looking watery and separated like curdled milk. Continue mixing…it will all come together, I promise!
- 6. Increase speed to high, and beat until smooth.
- 7. Add flavorings of your choice and tint with coloring paste.
NotesI am looking for icing/frostin recipes to try and came across this at http://www.perfect-wedding-day.com/buttercream-icing-recipe-1.html; have not tried making it yet but will post a review when I do
A delicious Swiss Meringue Buttercream Icing Recipe.
Recipe by Dyann www.dyannbakes.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More