10 MINUTE TOMATO SAUCE
10 Minute Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 box (26 ounces) Pomi strained tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef stock (or low sodium broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until translucent, then add the garlic. Cook about 30 seconds, just until the garlic begins to sizzle. Do not let the garlic turn brown or the sauce will taste bitter. Add the tomatoes and stock, and stir well. Increase the heat to high, when the sauce bubbles, reduce to medium.
Add the sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. If you like a little heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Stir in the Parmesan and cook 5 minutes until thickened.