- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 3-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast or active dry yeast (I use active dry yeast most of the time)
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine. Select ‘dough’ cycle. Allow cycle to run.
- Dump out onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 8 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a hot dog or hamburger bun.
- Place on greased cookie sheets (or bun pans), cover; let rise 30 to 40 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
NotesI found this recipe on the internet which I had to substitute and add some ingredients to make this recipe 100% whole wheat. This is a great recipe because it has all good things in it and no preservatives plus the dough is made in the bread machine. My family and friends cannot believe how soft and delicious these buns are. You can also add different ingredients to this dough such as dried diced onions, etc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
MetroCooking DC 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More