- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
- 1/4 c Whole wheat flour
- 2 ts Baking powder
- 1 1/2 ts Baking soda
- 1 ts Salt
- 2 ts Cinnamon
- 2 c Sugar
- 1 1/2 c Vegetable oil
- 8 oz Pineapple; crushed, drained
- 2 c Carrot pieces
- 1/2 c Walnuts
- 3 1/2 oz Coconut; flaked
- 4 ea Eggs
- 1/2 c Apricot jam
- 3/4 c Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour three 9" round baking pans.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, baking soda and salt
- in large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Assemble electric blender.
- Put 1/2 cup walnuts in blender container.
- Cover and process two cycles at grind.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Put oil, pineapple and carrot pieces into blender container.
- Cover and process five cycles at grind until carrots are finely chopped.
- pour into bowl with dry ingredients.
- Add eggs and coconut Mix with electric mixer at medium low speed until
- ingredients are moistened.
- Increase speed to medium and continue to mix one minute.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- When cool, frost top of each layer with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Place layers on top of one another.
- Assemble blender.
- Add 3/4 cup walnuts to blender container.
- Cover and process 2 cycles at grind.
- Set aside.
- Heat apricot jam in small saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- Brush sides of cake with melted jam.
- Sprinkle sides with choppedwalnuts.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More