- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWe have this when we want something easy to make in one pan but don't want to put the effort into an omelet. Nice for a lazy Sunday morning.
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium potato
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- n a small (6 inch) cast iron skillet melt the butter.
- Cube the potato into small 1/2 inch pieces and saute until almost tender.
- Add the onion and saute about 1 minute more.
- Add ham.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture in the skillet. Do not stir but cook until the edges are set.
- Spread the cheese over the top and place the skillet in the oven about 6 inches under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Watch it closely as ovens are all different.
- Once the cheese is melted and turning brown, you can take the skillet out and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Slice into 4 wedges and salt/pepper to taste.