- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- Preparation Time: 2 hours total
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup provolone cheese, cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- In a large mixer bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, oregano and garlic. Set aside.
- In another bowl, place pepperoni and cheeses. Mix ingredients until dry parmesan adheres to pepperoni so nothing sticks together, separating slices by hand where necessary.
- In saucepan, heat water, butter, sugar, and salt just till warm (115-120º), stirring constantly to melt butter.
- Add to dry mixture in mixer bowl. Beat at low speed for 1/2 minute, scrapping sides of bowl constantly.
- Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- Add remaining flour, mixing well.
- By hand, fold in the pepperoni and cheeses.
- Cover and let rise for 60 minutes.
- Spread evenly in a greased 9x5 " loaf pan.
- Let rise until doubled (about 30 minutes)
- Bake in preheated oven at 375º for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from pan.
NotesI found this recipe in an old collection of newspaper recipes. It had belonged to a friend's grandmother and when she died no family member wanted it...so, I fell heir to it!
Of course, I adjusted it to todays taste and standards.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Breads and Pastry 101
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More