2 MEAL SAVORY POT ROAST
2 Meal Savory Pot Roast
This recipe goes with: Day 2: Savory Beef Stew
- 1 Roast (of your choice) Rump Roast is excellent.
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup - undiluted
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup - undiluted
- 2 Envelopes of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 soup cans of *wine/cooking wine
- *I use Burgundy or Cabernet wine, any hearty red will do. I try to use the same wine that will be served with the meal. You can also use cooking wine.
Place roast in crockpot on low.
Add vegetables of your choice, I use quartered new potatoes, baby carrots, and mushrooms.
Be sure not to overfill your crockpot because you will be adding the liquid to this.
Mix all soups and wine (garlic?) in a large mixing bowl and pour over roast and vegetables.
DO NOT ADD WATER.
Cook 8 hours on low.
I usually serve this with garlic mashed potatoes and oven roasted asparagus.
Since this makes a large amount of gravy, it is also great with biscuits or other rolls.
Cube the leftover roast and return entire container with gravy and vegetables to the refrigerator for tomorrow.
Garlic lovers may want to add a tablespoon of minced garlic for extra kick.