- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Roast (of your choice) Rump Roast is excellent.
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup - undiluted
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup - undiluted
- 2 Envelopes of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 soup cans of *wine/cooking wine
- *I use Burgundy or Cabernet wine, any hearty red will do. I try to use the same wine that will be served with the meal. You can also use cooking wine.
- Place roast in crockpot on low.
- Add vegetables of your choice, I use quartered new potatoes, baby carrots, and mushrooms.
- Be sure not to overfill your crockpot because you will be adding the liquid to this.
- Mix all soups and wine (garlic?) in a large mixing bowl and pour over roast and vegetables.
- DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Cook 8 hours on low.
- I usually serve this with garlic mashed potatoes and oven roasted asparagus.
- Since this makes a large amount of gravy, it is also great with biscuits or other rolls.
- Cube the leftover roast and return entire container with gravy and vegetables to the refrigerator for tomorrow.
NotesI originally got this recipe from a coworker many years ago. I tweaked the ingredients, doubled the gravy, and it's been a favorite in my household ever since! This recipe is cooked for 2 meals. The first day, it is served as pot roast. The next, as beef stew.
Garlic lovers may want to add a tablespoon of minced garlic for extra kick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More