- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cup fat-free skim milk
- 1/3 cup non-fat instant dry powdered milk
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- Making yogurt begins with milk. You should buy organic milk that is fresh as possible. Slowly heat the milk on the stove over low-medium heat.
- Once the milk is warm add powdered milk.
- The most tedious thing about making yogurt is watching the milk get hot. You need it to hit 170 degrees, but not have it boil. So you want to pay attention to the pot and have a thermometer at hand. Once you've hit the target temperature, remove from heat and then wait for the milk to cool. Unless you put the pot in the refrigerator it will take some time to cool to 108-112 degrees.
- Have 1/2c yogurt handy in a cup. When the milk is cooled to the proper temperature, mix a small amount of it in with the yogurt. This will break up the yogurt and makes blending it with the rest of the milk easier. Once you add the starter, the milk can be placed in the pre-heated yogurt maker for four to eight hours. Refrigerate before serving. 2 WW points per each 8oz serving. Makes one quart.
NotesAdapted from Bakespace user krrispy.
2 WW points per each 8oz serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More