20-MINUTE CHICKEN PARMESAN
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Dip chicken in egg, and dredge between breadcrumbs.
Cook chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce, heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; cover and simmer 5 additional minutes or until cheeses melt.