- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip chicken in egg, and dredge between breadcrumbs.
- Cook chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce, heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; cover and simmer 5 additional minutes or until cheeses melt.
NotesTake a traditional favorite, make it low-fat and easy to prepare, and you end up with this chicken entrée option. So simple, even your kids can help!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Christmas CookiesSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More