- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip chicken in egg, and dredge between breadcrumbs.
- Cook chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce, heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; cover and simmer 5 additional minutes or until cheeses melt.
NotesTake a traditional favorite, make it low-fat and easy to prepare, and you end up with this chicken entrée option. So simple, even your kids can help!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More