- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip chicken in egg, and dredge between breadcrumbs.
- Cook chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce over chicken; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce, heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and parsley; cover and simmer 5 additional minutes or until cheeses melt.
NotesTake a traditional favorite, make it low-fat and easy to prepare, and you end up with this chicken entrée option. So simple, even your kids can help!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More