- Cooking Time: 10–12 (inc noodle cook)
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 quarts water
- 12 oz extra wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- 6 oz chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1¾ cup chicken broth
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- In a 5–6 quart pan, bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add noodles; cook according to package directions.
- Add peas to pasta and cook until peas are bright green and tender to bite, about 1 minute.
- Drain noodles and peas, then return to pan.
- Blend in tuna.
- While noodles cook, in a 12"–14" inch frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and whisk vigorously until a smooth paste forms; stir mixture until it simmers, about 1 minute.
- In a bowl, mix together broth and milk.
- Very gradually, add this mixture in small batches to frying pan, whisking vigorously after each addition until smooth.
- Add wine and cook until sauce simmers and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over tuna-noodle mixture and gently stir to mix well.
- Serve immediately.