- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Place salad greens in a 3 quart clear straight-sided bowl or souffle dish. Peel carrot. Using a vegetable peeler, carefully cut carrots into long, paper-thin ribbons. Set aside. Layer atop salad greens in the following order: mushrooms, 1/4 cup of the cheese, olives, cucumbers, carrot ribbons and green onions.
- For dressing, in small bowl combine the mayonnaise or salad dressing, yogurt, orange peel, crushed red pepper, and ground black pepper. Spread dressing over top of salad, sealing to edge of bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Cover salad tightly with plastic wrap. Chill for 2-24 hours.
- Garnish with orange slices, walnuts and orange peel strips. Just before serving toss to coat vegetables.