- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup almond flour, (I took whole almonds and ground in food processor)
- 1 tablespoon wondercocoa (no caffiene, less funky)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 rounded tablespoons Splenda
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and Splenda. With a spoon, mix to combine. In another small bowl, melt the butter. Add the water and egg (I bet the egg by itself before adding to this small bowl). Mix well with fork. Add liquids to the dry mixture in the 2 cup glass measure. Mix well with a fork. Be sure to run the fork along the sides of the measuring cup. Cover with plastic wrap and cut a small slit in the top of the wrap to vent. Microwave on HIGH 80 seconds (I have a 650 watt microwave, so you may need to adjust this time if using a more powerful microwave) Turn measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for another 30-40 seconds. You want it to be set but still a little moist on top. Cool for about a minute, then run a butter knife around the edge of the cake to loosen and invert on a microwave safe plate. Cook on HIGH for another 30 seconds. Allow to cool and serve slightly warm or cold.
- When I used Protein Powder instead of almond flour, the chocolate cake was much taller and had a drier feel to it. I liked it either way so have made it both ways again today. This time, I added some flavored Davinci sugar free syrup instead of the water to change the flavor a bit.
- Yummy. It's chocolate and can be ready in less than 3 minutes...what's better than that!
NotesI found a recipe for a 3 minutes chocolate cake that cooks in the microwave and Im making them for Valentine's Day. We thought they were really good. They don't have flour or sugar in them..
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More