- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 pounds ground veal
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 to 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 3 cups tomato ketchup
- 1 large onion diced
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Brown in hot skillet, then place them in baking dish.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and bake at 325ºF for 90 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in large sauce pan.
- Blend sauce and heat until sugar is dissolved.
NotesWe asked our friend Cherie what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday, but instead of a cake she wanted the BBQ Meatballs that our friend Allen makes every year for our Bible Study Christmas Party, and he was so gracious to share his recipe with us.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More