- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups stale Italian bread, crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine beef, veal, and pork in a large bowl. Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold it's shape if rolled into meatballs. Shape into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel. (If your mixture is too wet, cover the meatballs while they are cooking so that they hold their shape better.)
- Place cooked meatballs into Marinara Sauce and cook for 15 more minutes. Serve over pasta.
- PREP TIME 10 Min
- COOK TIME 20 Min
- Servings 8
NotesI never knew how to make good meatballs until I found this recipe. I normally make mine with just ground beef and they still taste great. I've used the combination of pork, beef and veal and they are equally good. Definitely use fresh bread crumbs and freshly grate your cheese instead of using the canned variety...it really does make a difference.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More