- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-lb of shrimp
- 3- large poblano peppers
- 1- med.jalapeno pepper
- 1- lg onion-sliced
- 5 -lg roma tomatoesslice
- in large pieces
- 5- cloves of garlic
- sliced thin
- 3-tbls.olive oil
- 1-bay leaf
- 1/2- tsp sea salt
- spice mix...1 -tsp.of paprika
- 1 -tsp.of garlic powder
- 1/2 -tsp.black pepper,1/2cumin powder,1/2crushed red dried chile pepper
- cha!cha!cha! - roast whole chiles on hot grill or stove top,till blackened,put blackened chiles into a paper bag close, and set aside till cool enough to remove black skins,take out seeds and cut into strips-set aside
- ou la la!- add bay leaf and salt,to pot of water-bring to a boil-drop in shrimp-cook 3 minutes-drain.cool and peel.
- pat dry then sprinkle spice mixture over shrimp.
- ole'ole'- heat a large iron pan w/oil, when HOT add pepper strips,onion,garlic,cook 5 min. add tomatoe slices and spiced shrimp.Cook another 5 min.
- Serve with over rice and on the side slice avocados and sprinle with lemon juice and blue cheese.
- ANDALE', BUEN PROVECHO
NotesThis recipe comes from a local lady named Canella (cinnamon),she is wise,talented and mysterious and a wonderful cook.I was served this dinner, on her veranda ,overlooking the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other.Blessed I was.