- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 18 large jalapeno peppers (or more if using smaller ones)
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk (more as needed)
- 1 cup flour (more as needed)
- 2 cups bread crumbs (more as needed)
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil to about 360'
- Slice each jalapeno length wise, without cutting all the way through
- Scoop out the seeds and ribs
- Combine the four cheese and fill each pepper with mixture
- Put milk in a tall glass, the flour in a shallow bowl, and bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl
- While holding by the stem, dip jalapeno in milk, then roll in flour, set aside to dry (maybe 10 minutes)
- Dip jalapeno in milk again, this time rolling in bread crumbs and set aside to dry
- Dip them again in milk, roll in bread crumbs a final time, making sure well coated and set aside to dry.
- Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry 3 - 4 at a time, until golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Drain on paper towel.
NotesNot much of a backstory. I looked at several recipes and methods and come up with these. I made them for our Labor Day BBQ and they were a great success. I do have one huge recommendation.....wear gloves while putting these together!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Babette's Test Kitchen
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More