- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/4 cup (scant - not packed at all) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon (not packed) freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon (rounded) very finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion (scallion) white and green finely chopped
- 1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated medium cheddar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pita wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix first 4 ingredients with hand or stand mixer
- on medium until softened and well mixed.
- Add next two ingredients and mix on med-low until just incorporated.
- Add spinach and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and sprinkle cayenne on top to taste.
- Top with cheddar.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 - 7 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fried or baked pita wedges and tortilla chips (nachos).
- To serve with baked pita wedges, put pitas in 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes. You MUST use Greek style pitas as they are far softer and more substantial than regular pitas. Greek style pitas have little or no pocket in them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Taste of CenturyLink
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More