- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/4 cup (scant - not packed at all) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon (not packed) freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon (rounded) very finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion (scallion) white and green finely chopped
- 1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated medium cheddar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pita wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix first 4 ingredients with hand or stand mixer
- on medium until softened and well mixed.
- Add next two ingredients and mix on med-low until just incorporated.
- Add spinach and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and sprinkle cayenne on top to taste.
- Top with cheddar.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 - 7 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fried or baked pita wedges and tortilla chips (nachos).
- To serve with baked pita wedges, put pitas in 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes. You MUST use Greek style pitas as they are far softer and more substantial than regular pitas. Greek style pitas have little or no pocket in them.