- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 cp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 cp. chopped pecans
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened.
- 2 sm. boxes of jello instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cps. homogenized milk
- 1/2 cp. of margarine
- 2 (8oz) containers of cool whip
- 1 cp. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 pkg. nut topping (garnish for top)
- 1 chocolate bar (I use Hersheys) grated (garnish for top)
- 1.Mix flour, margarine, and pecans. Pat into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and cool. (Layer 1),
- 2.Combine 8 oz cool whip, 8 oz cream cheese, and 1 cp. powdered sugar. Spread
- over cooled crust. (Layer 2),
- 3.Combine 2 boxes of pudding, 3 cups of milk. Mix until
- thickened, spread over cool whip layer. (Layer 3),
- 4.Top with 8 oz cool whip, sprinkle with nut topping, and grated choc. bar.
- Chill at least 2 hrs. Serve.
NotesThis is a tradition for Christmas or Thanksgiving, sometimes both. We love this
dessert. I dont know where it originated, but I've had it since I was a child.So
its been around for a while.