- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 - 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 ripe avacados
- salt to taste
- juice of one lime
- 1 large ripe tomato diced or 1 cup fresh tomato salsa
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (This is a crumbly Mexican cheese similar to feta ) Substitute shredded cheese of your choice if you prefer
- In food processor puree beans, garlic, and chipotles.
- Spread onto platter and even out with spatula. Mash avocados with the lime juice, add a dash of garlic powder to taste and season with salt. Carefully spread over bean layer. Spread tomatoes over avpcado layer, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping, choose sturdy ones.
- Note: I like to add some chopped cilantro to the top layer if I have it, and also diced green onions or diced sweet onion if I am using the diced tomato. If you use salsa you don't need to add this stuff.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More