- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 170 to 200g/6 to 7 oz. spaghetti
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g/1.7oz. guanciale or smoked pancetta, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a large quantity of water in a large pan, covered.
- In the meantime, separate the eggs. Season to taste and add the cheese. Beat until creamy.
- In a frying pan, sauté the pancetta. Some advise to sauté the pancetta in olive oil, so do according to your taste.
- Once the water boils, add a handful of coarse sea salt, then the pasta.
- Cook about 6 minutes. The pasta has to be al dente.
- About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the cooking water to the eggs and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and add them immediately to the bowl with the eggs and pancetta and mix gently.
- Serve and devour immediately (with extra Pecorino and Parmesan if you wish).
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More