- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 170 to 200g/6 to 7 oz. spaghetti
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g/1.7oz. guanciale or smoked pancetta, roughly chopped
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a large quantity of water in a large pan, covered.
- In the meantime, separate the eggs. Season to taste and add the cheese. Beat until creamy.
- In a frying pan, sauté the pancetta. Some advise to sauté the pancetta in olive oil, so do according to your taste.
- Once the water boils, add a handful of coarse sea salt, then the pasta.
- Cook about 6 minutes. The pasta has to be al dente.
- About 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the cooking water to the eggs and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and add them immediately to the bowl with the eggs and pancetta and mix gently.
- Serve and devour immediately (with extra Pecorino and Parmesan if you wish).