- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"Vampire Chicken" will keep them away from you for a lifetime!Dont be alarmed by the number of garlic cloves called for, the garlic mellows as it roasts,this dish is delicious and delicately flavored.
- 5 ribs celery, cut into 3 x 1/4 inch strips
- 5 carrots, cut into 3 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 chicken leg-quaters (or other pieces)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 40 unpeeled cloves garlic (about 3 bulbs)
- Crusty bread
- In greased 4 quart casserole place celery, carrots and onion.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In bowl, toss chicken with oil until coated.
- Arrange chicken and garlic cloves in casserole; drizzle with any oil remaining in bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil before covering with lid.
- Bake in 375 degree oven 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve chicken in bowls with the pan juices and garlic cloves. S
- queeze garlic from the husks; spread, like butter, on bread and eat along with the chicken.
- Best if chicken is skinned.