40 CLOVES OF GARLIC CHICKEN
- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 5 ribs celery, cut into 3 x 1/4 inch strips
- 5 carrots, cut into 3 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 chicken leg-quaters (or other pieces)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 40 unpeeled cloves garlic (about 3 bulbs)
- Crusty bread
- In greased 4 quart casserole place celery, carrots and onion.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon tarragon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In bowl, toss chicken with oil until coated.
- Arrange chicken and garlic cloves in casserole; drizzle with any oil remaining in bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil before covering with lid.
- Bake in 375 degree oven 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve chicken in bowls with the pan juices and garlic cloves. S
- queeze garlic from the husks; spread, like butter, on bread and eat along with the chicken.
- Best if chicken is skinned.
Notes"Vampire Chicken" will keep them away from you for a lifetime!Dont be alarmed by the number of garlic cloves called for, the garlic mellows as it roasts,this dish is delicious and delicately flavored.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More