- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 2 baked round white cake layers (9 inch), cooled
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Gelatin, any red flavor
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- Place cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Stir 1 cup boiling water into each flavor dry gelatin in separate small bowls 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and blue gelatin over remaining cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the whipped topping. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover cake in refrigerator. Makes 16 servings
- Serve with colorful fresh berries, such as blueberries, strawberries and raspberries
NotesA classic cake made with holiday colors!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More