4TH OF JULY POKE CAKE
- Servings: 16
- 2 baked round white cake layers (9 inch), cooled
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Gelatin, any red flavor
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
Place cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
Stir 1 cup boiling water into each flavor dry gelatin in separate small bowls 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and blue gelatin over remaining cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the whipped topping. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer.
Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Cut into 16 slices to serve. Store leftover cake in refrigerator. Makes 16 servings
Serve with colorful fresh berries, such as blueberries, strawberries and raspberries