5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small splash of vanilla extract
- 1 large coffee mug
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla
- extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes
- at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be
- alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. and now the
- most important step ... EAT! (or share, this can serve 2 if you want to feel
- slightly more virtuous)
- why is it the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are
- all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night as
- long as you have a kitchen.
NotesTo make more moist try:
These are the changes I made:
instead of the baking cocoa I used 1 square (melted) unsweetened chocolate
instead of the egg I used 1/4 cup of egg beater
instead of the oil I used 3 T unsweetened applesauce
instead of the chocolate chips I used Hershey Premier Flavored baking pieces (raspberry creme)
It was fabulous. It was moister and the raspberry flavor with the chocolate was to die for. I have some Caramel baking pieces that I will have to try one day also.
It was fun playing with the recipe I hope you like the changes.
You might want to change the cooking time to 2:30 to 2:45 min. If overcooked it will get rubbery.