- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 large coffee mug
- 4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- a small splash of vanilla extract
- Spray Pam in the mug. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Then pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again. Pour the mixture in the mug.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000watts. (The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!)
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
NotesThis came from one of my mom's friends from high school...I'm not sure how they got on this subject at the reunion!
*All microwaves are different, so if yours doesn't turn out with this cooking time/wattage, try tinkering with the recipe a little until you get it just right! This is my favorite midnight snack, so enjoy!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Simple Homemade Favorites
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More