- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups All Bran cereal
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs)
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (Canola)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 5 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 cups dried fruit (optional)
- 4 cups Bran Buds or 100% Bran cereal
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the All Bran cereal and let stand until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, sugar and oil.
- Add the All Bran mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the next four ingredients, just until
- moistened. If using dried fruit, add during this stage also.
- Stir in Bran Buds or 100% Bran cereal.
- Batter may be covered and stored in refrigerator for up to three weeks and baked as needed.
- Conventional Oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick
- coating or tins lined with cupcake papers. Bake for 15 minutes (20 minutes for chilled batter).
- Microwave Method:
- For one muffin: Pour 1/4 cup batter into cupcake paper or small microwave proof bowl.
- Cook on high 55 to 70 seconds, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
- Serving information:
- One Serving = 1 muffin
- Fat content per serving = 5 grams
- Calories per serving = 140
- Exchanges = 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More