- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups All Bran cereal
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs)
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (Canola)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 5 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 2 cups dried fruit (optional)
- 4 cups Bran Buds or 100% Bran cereal
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the All Bran cereal and let stand until softened.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, sugar and oil.
- Add the All Bran mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the next four ingredients, just until
- moistened. If using dried fruit, add during this stage also.
- Stir in Bran Buds or 100% Bran cereal.
- Batter may be covered and stored in refrigerator for up to three weeks and baked as needed.
- Conventional Oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into muffin tins that have been sprayed with non-stick
- coating or tins lined with cupcake papers. Bake for 15 minutes (20 minutes for chilled batter).
- Microwave Method:
- For one muffin: Pour 1/4 cup batter into cupcake paper or small microwave proof bowl.
- Cook on high 55 to 70 seconds, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
- Serving information:
- One Serving = 1 muffin
- Fat content per serving = 5 grams
- Calories per serving = 140
- Exchanges = 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More