- Cooking Time: up to 4 hrs
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large lime jello
- 2 large cream cheese
- 1- 2 liter 7-up
- 1- small can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Heat to boil, 6 cups 7-up over stovetop to include the juice from the cancelled pineapple. In the meanwhile while the 7-up is coming to a full boil, cream together your cream cheese with the lime jello until smooth. Once your 7-up is completely boiling hot, add to the jello mixture and continue to stir until all your jello is dissolve. NOTE: there will be some lumps of cream cheese remaining and will float to the top, that is ok, and especially delicious once the salad is completed. Add your Pineapple, nut and walnuts. Stir. Refrigerate. Continue to stir your mixture every 30 minutes or so up to the next 4 hours. When congealed slightly, add marshmallow. Continue to stir until all your ingredients are incorporated into the jello. Refrigerate overnight. ENJOY!
NotesMy mother stated making this recipe when I was around 3 yrs old. Has always been a family tradition for every Thanksgiving and Christmas. My house would not be the same without this wonderful dish.
Submitted by: "Brenda Pagel"
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More