- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped (You can also use frozen onion)
- * 1 (16 oz) can fat-free refried beans (I think El Paso has them)
- * 1 (15 oz) mild vegetarian fat-free chili with black beans (I think Hormel makes some)
- * 1 (8 oz) jar mild taco sauce (I recommend doing medium to give it a kick)
- * 1 (11 oz) package of flour tortillas, approx. 10Ã¢â‚¬Â size
- * My add-ins: Kraft 2% Milk Mexican shredded cheese and fat free sour cream
- Spray 2.5 quart, round, microwavable casserole dish with a lid with cooking spray (I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have that, so I just used a mixing bowl with a lid on top).
- In medium-size bowl, microwave onions, covered for 2 minutes.
- Stir the refried beans, chili and taco sauce into the onions until well mixed.
- Tear two tortillas into small pieces. These will be used to fill in the outer space between the tortilla layer and the casserole dish (I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t do this). Lay one tortilla flat on the bottom of the casserole dish. If needed, use the torn tortilla to fill in the space between the dish and the edge.
- Top with Ã‚Â¾ cup of chili mixture. Top the chili with the tortilla.
- Continue layering the chili mixture, Ã‚Â¾ cup at a time and then the tortillas, until all ingredients are used.
- (Note: I alternated every other layer with a bit of cheese and a bit of sour cream.)
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut with a sharp knife, cutting through all layers as you would a pie.