- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups milk, divided (1/3 cup & 5 2/3 cups)
- 1/2 -3/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 strips bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- 4 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 16 oz jar Cheez Whiz
- 12 oz beer
- Combine 5 2/3 cups milk, Tabasco, & Worchestershire sauce in a large bowl. Stire to combine well.
- In a large stock pot, saute bacon until crisp. Pour off half the fat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until wilted.
- Add chicken bouillon to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk mixture to bacon mixture and heat over medium heat
- Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup milk in a separate bowl, stirring until smooth.
- When milk/bacon mixture begins to steam, stir milk/cornstarch mixture in, stirring frequently until soup thickens.
- Add Cheez Whiz, stirring constantly
- Stir in beer, including foam
- Strain through a metal mesh strainer and serve.
NotesThis is the signature dish of a restaurant my husband and I really enjoy. When we lived thousands of miles from the nearest one, I found the recipe on the internet so we can enjoy it wherever we are. It's not easy to make, but it is really good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More