- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups milk, divided (1/3 cup & 5 2/3 cups)
- 1/2 -3/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 strips bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- 4 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 16 oz jar Cheez Whiz
- 12 oz beer
- Combine 5 2/3 cups milk, Tabasco, & Worchestershire sauce in a large bowl. Stire to combine well.
- In a large stock pot, saute bacon until crisp. Pour off half the fat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until wilted.
- Add chicken bouillon to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk mixture to bacon mixture and heat over medium heat
- Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup milk in a separate bowl, stirring until smooth.
- When milk/bacon mixture begins to steam, stir milk/cornstarch mixture in, stirring frequently until soup thickens.
- Add Cheez Whiz, stirring constantly
- Stir in beer, including foam
- Strain through a metal mesh strainer and serve.
NotesThis is the signature dish of a restaurant my husband and I really enjoy. When we lived thousands of miles from the nearest one, I found the recipe on the internet so we can enjoy it wherever we are. It's not easy to make, but it is really good.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More