- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is the signature dish of a restaurant my husband and I really enjoy. When we lived thousands of miles from the nearest one, I found the recipe on the internet so we can enjoy it wherever we are. It's not easy to make, but it is really good.
- 6 cups milk, divided (1/3 cup & 5 2/3 cups)
- 1/2 -3/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 strips bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- 4 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 16 oz jar Cheez Whiz
- 12 oz beer
- Combine 5 2/3 cups milk, Tabasco, & Worchestershire sauce in a large bowl. Stire to combine well.
- In a large stock pot, saute bacon until crisp. Pour off half the fat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until wilted.
- Add chicken bouillon to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk mixture to bacon mixture and heat over medium heat
- Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup milk in a separate bowl, stirring until smooth.
- When milk/bacon mixture begins to steam, stir milk/cornstarch mixture in, stirring frequently until soup thickens.
- Add Cheez Whiz, stirring constantly
- Stir in beer, including foam
- Strain through a metal mesh strainer and serve.
Great Everyday Meals
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More