- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups milk, divided (1/3 cup & 5 2/3 cups)
- 1/2 -3/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 strips bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- 4 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 16 oz jar Cheez Whiz
- 12 oz beer
- Combine 5 2/3 cups milk, Tabasco, & Worchestershire sauce in a large bowl. Stire to combine well.
- In a large stock pot, saute bacon until crisp. Pour off half the fat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until wilted.
- Add chicken bouillon to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk mixture to bacon mixture and heat over medium heat
- Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup milk in a separate bowl, stirring until smooth.
- When milk/bacon mixture begins to steam, stir milk/cornstarch mixture in, stirring frequently until soup thickens.
- Add Cheez Whiz, stirring constantly
- Stir in beer, including foam
- Strain through a metal mesh strainer and serve.
NotesThis is the signature dish of a restaurant my husband and I really enjoy. When we lived thousands of miles from the nearest one, I found the recipe on the internet so we can enjoy it wherever we are. It's not easy to make, but it is really good.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More