94TH AEROSQUADRON BEER CHEESE SOUP
94th Aerosquadron Beer Cheese Soup
- Servings: 10
- 6 cups milk, divided (1/3 cup & 5 2/3 cups)
- 1/2 -3/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 strips bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- 4 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 16 oz jar Cheez Whiz
- 12 oz beer
Combine 5 2/3 cups milk, Tabasco, & Worchestershire sauce in a large bowl. Stire to combine well.
In a large stock pot, saute bacon until crisp. Pour off half the fat.
Add onion to skillet and cook until wilted.
Add chicken bouillon to skillet and cook 3-4 minutes.
Add milk mixture to bacon mixture and heat over medium heat
Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup milk in a separate bowl, stirring until smooth.
When milk/bacon mixture begins to steam, stir milk/cornstarch mixture in, stirring frequently until soup thickens.
Add Cheez Whiz, stirring constantly
Stir in beer, including foam
Strain through a metal mesh strainer and serve.