- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryRoot beer has its origins in what is referred to as "small beers." Small beers are a collection of local beverages (some alcoholic, some not) made during colonial times in America from a variety of herbs, barks, and roots that included: birch beer, sarsparilla beer, ginger beer and root beer.
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Hot Water
- 1 liter Cold Seltzer Water
- 3/4 teaspoon root beer concentrate (McCormick is best)
- Dissolve the sugar in the hot water.
- Add the root beer concentrate and let cool.
- Combine the root beer mixture with the cold seltzer water, drink immediately, or store in fridge in tightly covered container.