A COLLEGE STUDENTS QUICK AND EASY WAY TO PRETTY UP BROWNIES
- Cooking Time: 25-30mins
- Servings: 24-30 brownies
- Preparation Time: 5-20mins
- College Version:
- Make the Brownies from a box at the super market and follow the directions on the back of the box.
- Homemade Version:
- 3/4 cup butter or margerine
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint abstract
- green food die
- bag of peppermint candies (for garnishing)
- Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge topping
- Turn oven to 350 degrees. Grease Baking Pan.
- Put butter and chocolate into a saucepan over burner on low heat.
- Heat until butter and chocolate melt, stirring once or twice.
- Remove Chocolate and butter mixture from burner and stir sugar into the mixture.
- Then, stir in 3 eggs, one at a time until well mixed.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture.
- Scraped into greased 13x9x2 baking pan and bake in oven for 25-30 mins.
- After removing from the oven, cool brownies.
- mix butter with powdered sugar.
- slowly mix in milk until mixture is smooth (and looks like icing)
- mix in peppermint abstract.
- Add and mix in food coloring until desired color is reached.
- After Brownies are cooled spread Icing on top of them
- Next, drizzle the chocolate magic shell over the brownies and stick them in the fridge for a minute or so, so the shell will harden.
- Finally, Crush Up the peppermint candies and sprinkle them over the brownies.
NotesMy boyfriend and I came across a minty charleston chew one day at Rite Aid (It was near the mints on the counter and must have borrowed some of their flavor). From that moment on he and I were obsessed with mint and chocolate...we couldn't get enough peppermint paddies. One Saturday night we were craving something minty and chocolaty, but quick because we were so hungry! We came up with this recipe and it was a hit with my roommates!
I want to share this recipe so that other peppermint paddy obsessed college students can make a quick treat!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More