- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: ?
- 6 cups rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 6 eggs
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4+1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix rhurbarb with 3/4 cup sugar.
- In a marge stainless steel bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- In mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add creamed mixture to flour mixture and beat on low until well mixed.
- Add milk slowely and beat well. Fold in rhubarb.
- Spray a 19 1/2 x 12 x 3 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter gently into the baking pan.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Makes 12 servings.
NotesI'm always searching for new recipes to make for the men's breakfasts at our church. One of our friends loves rhubarb, but most of the rhubarb coffee cakes were just fair, so we changed a few ingredients and came up with a delicious breakfast treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More