- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 to 4 lbs. brust (boneless brisket)
- * 2 Tbsp. schmaltz (oil)
- * 3 large carrots
- * 1/2 lb. prunes
- * 1/2 lb. dried apricots
- * 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- * 3 large sweet potatoes
- * Juice of one orange
- * 5 cups boiling water
- * 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- * 2 Tbsp. flour
- Sear meat in hot fat (oil) in a Dutch oven or heavy skillet on top of the stove. Transfer to a roasting pan. Peel carrots and cut into 1-inch round slices. Place them around the meat. Add prunes, apricots and lemon slices.
- Peel sweet potatoes, cut in 1-inch slices . Place over meat and fruit in the roaster. Add orange juice to boiling water. Combine brown sugar and flour and add enough water to make a thin paste. Add this paste to the orange-juice mixture. Pour over the tzimmes. If necessary add more boiling water to bring water to the top of the tzimmes.
- Cover; Bake at 400* F for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 325*F and continue baking 4 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Koken met Oma
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More