- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon or water (add more bourbon!!)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Remove prepared pie crust from freezer
- Sprinkle pecans and chocolate evenly onto bottom of pie crust; set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and next 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. Gradually whisk about one-fourth hot mixture into egg mixture; add to remaining hot mixture, whisking constantly. Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 325° for 55 minutes or until set; cool on wire rack.
NotesThis recipe best reflects the Derby Pies I grew up with. SOOOOO much better than the crap that comes in a box in the freezer section and so easy to make. You have to use Maker's Mark- It's the best for the recipe. The filling may overrun the crust initially- take it slow pouring. Add some extra Maker's at the end but make sure not to cut the pie until you chill it for 12 hours- it keeps it from being runny and it's FABULOUS!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More