- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups fine ground almonds
- your choice of flavoring extract to taste
- Food coloring
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat, stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the almonds and continue cooking, stirring constantly until the mass does not adhere to the pan.
- Remove from heat and turn out onto a clean marble slab or its equivalent. You mainly want a surface that doesn't transmit heat but remains neutral.
- Knead until smooth being careful not to burn yourself. I normally wait about 5 minutes before starting to knead the mixture. Add your extract and coloring while its still warm.
- If you have small molds now is a great time to use them. If not, be creative and make many wonderful shapes. Let cool.
NotesFor those of you, like me, who love to play with your food; here is a recipe for the first edible "play dough" of which I'm aware.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More