- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups fine ground almonds
- your choice of flavoring extract to taste
- Food coloring
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat, stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the almonds and continue cooking, stirring constantly until the mass does not adhere to the pan.
- Remove from heat and turn out onto a clean marble slab or its equivalent. You mainly want a surface that doesn't transmit heat but remains neutral.
- Knead until smooth being careful not to burn yourself. I normally wait about 5 minutes before starting to knead the mixture. Add your extract and coloring while its still warm.
- If you have small molds now is a great time to use them. If not, be creative and make many wonderful shapes. Let cool.
NotesFor those of you, like me, who love to play with your food; here is a recipe for the first edible "play dough" of which I'm aware.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More