- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups fine ground almonds
- your choice of flavoring extract to taste
- Food coloring
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium high heat, stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the almonds and continue cooking, stirring constantly until the mass does not adhere to the pan.
- Remove from heat and turn out onto a clean marble slab or its equivalent. You mainly want a surface that doesn't transmit heat but remains neutral.
- Knead until smooth being careful not to burn yourself. I normally wait about 5 minutes before starting to knead the mixture. Add your extract and coloring while its still warm.
- If you have small molds now is a great time to use them. If not, be creative and make many wonderful shapes. Let cool.
NotesFor those of you, like me, who love to play with your food; here is a recipe for the first edible "play dough" of which I'm aware.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More