- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs finely ground (a food processor works well for this)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 6 T melted butter
- Mix ingredients well and press into an 8 or 9 inch pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Turtle Pie:
- Spread 1/3 c. salted caramel ice cream topping (we used Trader Joe's) on bottom of pie pan. Sprinkle 1/2 c. chopped pecans on the caramel.
- Fill pie with this:
- 2 pkgs instant chocolate pudding mix whisked with
- 2 cups cold milk
- Then add:
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours
- When firm add the glaze:
- 2 oz chocolate chips melted with
- 1 cup Cool Whip (if using the microwave do this very slowly and be careful not to overdo this)
- Whisk it till shiny then spread over pie.
- Make a turtle on top out of any last bit of Cool Whip mounded up in a turtle-shaped heap. Decorate with pecan halves for shell, legs, head, and tail.
NotesTurtle won Second Prize in the Crème Category
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More