- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs finely ground (a food processor works well for this)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 6 T melted butter
- Mix ingredients well and press into an 8 or 9 inch pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Cool.
- Turtle Pie:
- Spread 1/3 c. salted caramel ice cream topping (we used Trader Joe's) on bottom of pie pan. Sprinkle 1/2 c. chopped pecans on the caramel.
- Fill pie with this:
- 2 pkgs instant chocolate pudding mix whisked with
- 2 cups cold milk
- Then add:
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours
- When firm add the glaze:
- 2 oz chocolate chips melted with
- 1 cup Cool Whip (if using the microwave do this very slowly and be careful not to overdo this)
- Whisk it till shiny then spread over pie.
- Make a turtle on top out of any last bit of Cool Whip mounded up in a turtle-shaped heap. Decorate with pecan halves for shell, legs, head, and tail.
NotesTurtle won Second Prize in the Crème Category
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More