- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIn Pennsylvania we have a brand of cupcakes called "TastyKakes." This is a homemade version of that treat.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbls butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Scald the milk and margarine. Cool mixture and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- Bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Spread the peanut butter while the bars are still hot. Refrigerate to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and spread on the cooled bars. Let cool before cutting into squares.