- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbls butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 12 oz chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Scald the milk and margarine. Cool mixture and add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
- Bake the cake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Spread the peanut butter while the bars are still hot. Refrigerate to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and spread on the cooled bars. Let cool before cutting into squares.
NotesIn Pennsylvania we have a brand of cupcakes called "TastyKakes." This is a homemade version of that treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
My Family CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More