- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cooked
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half & half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the cooked squash and mash or beat at medium speed. Stir in sugar, ginger, egg yolks, vanilla, cream and half & half.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold them into the squash. Pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes
NotesThis recipe came to me from a email a couple of years ago. My husband not liking squash made me nearly pass it by. But decided to make it when the we had guests. So glad...... the dish was emptied fast and my husband certainly ate his share. :>)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More