- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) roasting chicken, deboned and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsalted natural-style peanut butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, and brown quickly.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and add garlic, onion and potato to the pan; saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with cumin, coriander, black pepper, red pepper and salt.
- Do not let garlic brown.
- Mix in water and browned chicken, and any accumulated juices.
- Place lid on skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, and stir in the peanut butter and garbanzo beans.
- Make sure the peanut butter is blended in.
- Replace lid to simmer for 10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning, and serve.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More