- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups sugar or Splenda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 bags (7 oz. each) shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to very low; stir in chocolate until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Stir in flour and salt until completely blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter a few times to level batter.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Remove brownies from oven (after 20 minutes of baking) and spoon coconut mixture evenly over top. Return to oven and bake until tips of coconut are golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes more. Do not overcook or the brownie will be difficult to slice and coconut topping wiill break apart. Cut into squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Camp Nubar Baking Class
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More