- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small to medium green peppers
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce (Italian is good)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 or 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- dash of pepper
- 1 7 oz package spaghetti-uncooked
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garnish-fresh parsley sprigs
- Cook first 4 ingrediings in a large pan or dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink;drain well.
- Return the beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, (about 30 min.)
- Add pasta and cover and simmer, stirring often,about 20 min or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with cheese, and garnish if desired.
- You can also finish off by putting in moderate oven and sprinkle on shredded cheese of your choice
NotesThis was given to me by a co-worker several years ago and I take it often to pot lucks. Usually always bring home an empty dish. I especially like to put it in the oven for just a few min. with shreeded mozarella cheese on top. We always serve it with garlic bread when I make it at home. My grandchildren love this dish and ask for it often.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More