- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small to medium green peppers
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce (Italian is good)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 Cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 or 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- dash of pepper
- 1 7 oz package spaghetti-uncooked
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garnish-fresh parsley sprigs
- Cook first 4 ingrediings in a large pan or dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink;drain well.
- Return the beef mixture to pan. Stir in tomato sauce and next 8 ingredients; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, (about 30 min.)
- Add pasta and cover and simmer, stirring often,about 20 min or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with cheese, and garnish if desired.
- You can also finish off by putting in moderate oven and sprinkle on shredded cheese of your choice
NotesThis was given to me by a co-worker several years ago and I take it often to pot lucks. Usually always bring home an empty dish. I especially like to put it in the oven for just a few min. with shreeded mozarella cheese on top. We always serve it with garlic bread when I make it at home. My grandchildren love this dish and ask for it often.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Koken met Oma
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More