- Cooking Time: 80
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon orange peel
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts (I usually use pecans)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained (1-8 oz. can)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, soda, salt, and orange peel. Set aside.
- Cream: margarine and sugar. Add eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla, and almond extract. Mix well.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients with milk.
- Fold in coconut, nuts, and drained pineapple.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool 20 minutes before removing from pan.
NotesI have made this for years. People who don't even like coconut, enjoy this bread. HINT: You may already know this hint, but it is one of my favorite hints. Line the bottom of the loaf pan with parchment paper. After bread is baked, the loaf slides out of the loaf pan. Just peel the parchment from the bottom of the loaf.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More